وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا رُسُلًا مِّن قَبْلِكَ مِنْهُم مَّن قَصَصْنَا عَلَيْكَ وَمِنْهُم مَّن لَّمْ نَقْصُصْ عَلَيْكَ ۗ وَمَا كَانَ لِرَسُولٍ أَن يَأْتِيَ بِآيَةٍ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۚ فَإِذَا جَاءَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ قُضِيَ بِالْحَقِّ وَخَسِرَ هُنَالِكَ الْمُبْطِلُونَ
"And We have already sent messengers before you. Among them are those [whose stories] We have related to you, and among them are those [whose stories] We have not related to you. And it was not for any messenger to bring a sign [or verse] except by permission of Allah . So when the command of Allah comes, it will be concluded in truth, and the falsifiers will thereupon lose [all]."
1. The 25 Prophets of Islam(Peace be Upon them all):
- Adam - He was the first human being to be created and is the father of all mankind. Came down to the earth from Heaven.
- Idris (Enoch) - He was the first prophet to whom the angel Jibrā`īl came to with revelation to guide the children of Ādam (AS). He came after the Prophet Shīth.
- Nuh (Noah) - He was the first messenger to be sent to the earth. He ordered his people stop worshiping idols and images and to worship Allah alone. He called them to Allah for 950 years, he was finally ordered to build the ark. Only a handful of people followed him and were saved the rest were drowned by the great flood even Nūḥ’s own son.
- Hud (Heber) - It is said that Hūd (AS) was the first person to speak Arabic. He was sent to the people of ʿĀd in Yemen. His people were giants who lived in palaces with lofty pillars. His people were destroyed by a hurricane with fiercly cold winds.
- Salih (Methusaleh)- He was sent to the people of Thamūd who lived in Madyan. They came after the people of Ād and were given the ability to carve their homes out of mountains. They killed the she-camel of Ṣāliḥ (as) and as a result were destroyed by an earthquake.
- Lut (Lot) - He was the nephew of Ibrāhīm (AS). He was sent to the people of Sodom on the western shore of the Dead Sea. Their town was turned upside down due to their sins.
- Ibrahim (Abraham) - He is known as Khalīl al-Allah (the friend of Allah); the father of the prophets and the father of the three religions, Islām, Judaism and Christianity.
- Ismail (Ishmael) - Was the son of Ibrāhīm (AS) who was ordered to be given in sacrifice. And from his offspring’s came the last and final prophet Muḥammad (SAW).
- Ishaq (Isaac) - He was also the son of the prophet Ibrāhīm (AS) All the prophets after him were from his offspring except for Muḥammad (SAW).
- Yaqub (Jacob) - Was the son of Ishāq (AS). He is known as Isrā`īl/Israel and he had 12 children. The offspring’s of these children are called Banū Isrā`īl(12 Tribes of the People of Israel).
- Yusuf (Joseph) - Was the most beloved son of his father Yaʿqūb. There is a whole sūrah dedicated to his story in the Quran.
- Shu’aib (Jethro) - He was sent to the people of the forest in Madyan.
- Ayyub (Job) - Was tested by God, he lost all his wealth and children.
- Dhulkifl (Ezekiel) - Some mention he was the son of Ayyūb.
- Musa (Moses) - Was sent to save the the Tribes of Israel from Pharoah . He was given many miracles e.g. splitting of the sea and turning his staff into snake. He was also given the Tawrah(Torah).
- Harun (Aaron) - Was sent to Pharoah along with his brother as a spokesman.
- Dawud (David) - He was the person who killed Goliath and then became a ruler and a prophet. He was given the Zabūr/Psalms.
- Sulayman (Solomon) - Was a king who ruled the whole world and had the control of jinns. He was also able to understand the languages of the animals.
- Ilias (Elias) - He was sent to the people of Baalek, west Damscus.
- Alyasa (Elisha) - It is said that he was the cousin of Ilyās.
- Yunus (Jonah) - The prophet who was swallowed by the whale after leaving his people fearing the punishment of God and then repented.
- Zakariya (Zachariah) - He was granted a son at a very old age.
- Yahya (John the Baptist) - Was the son of Zakariyyah, and he was killed by his people.
- Isa (Jesus) - He was the Messiah sent to the Jews, he was granted many miracles, such as healing the ill, deaf, blind lepers and bringing the dead back to life by Allah’s permission.
- Muhammad - The last and final prophet of God. The leader of all the prophets and the greatest of all creation.
2. The Significant Angels of the Universe:
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ فَاطِرِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ جَاعِلِ الْمَلَائِكَةِ رُسُلًا أُولِي أَجْنِحَةٍ مَّثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ ۚ يَزِيدُ فِي الْخَلْقِ مَا يَشَاءُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
"[All] praise is [due] to Allah , Creator of the heavens and the earth, [who] made the angels messengers having wings, two or three or four. He increases in creation what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent."
- Jibreel (Gabriel) - in charge of communicating God’s words to His prophets.
- Israfeel (Raphael) - in charge of blowing the trumpet to mark the Day of Judgment
- Mikail (Michael) - in charge of rainfall and sustenance
- Munkar and Nakeer - after death, these angels will question souls in the grave about their faith and deeds
- Malak Am-Maut (Angel of Death) - in charge of taking possession of souls after death
- Malik - Guardian of hell
- Ridwan - Guardian of heaven
- ladymunaontheprowl reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- ladymunaontheprowl likes this
- lostrevoultion likes this
- saylortribe likes this
- fisabililah-inthewayofallah likes this
- chocolatechipraisin reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- crazymuslimah likes this
- alohagoodqarma likes this
- anbutaiso likes this
- thejinnis likes this
- blusterjay likes this
- true-detroit likes this
- thatsaudigirl31311 likes this
- levitacio likes this
- lotusflowerrr likes this
- theblacknesss likes this
- deenafatima likes this
- sbinthecity reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- nathanielofthelord likes this
- ace-abdl-qaj likes this
- eibmorb likes this
- koms likes this
- hubbbaahubbbaa likes this
- intellectualrem reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- intellectualrem likes this
- esse-mutatio likes this
- khudakayliye likes this
- brftofallwrds reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- inassettair likes this
- lnternethooker likes this
- spontaneityoflove likes this
- linzthenerd likes this
- the-uncensored-she likes this
- geishka likes this
- itslznxoloveovo reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- sixthlion likes this
- setaraweeda reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- devils-lost-child likes this
- confessions-of-a-hijabi likes this
- lunarblue21 likes this
- yayikzamana likes this
- wordstoash reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- seekinglegitimacy likes this
- afghangster likes this
- mohonbimbingan reblogged this from the-art-of-protest
- suit2lala likes this
- petiteblair likes this
- thedailydoodles likes this
- muslimahsiobhan reblogged this from the-art-of-protest